Saturday 31 December 2011

Hello 2012!

2011 began with our group's Chinese wish lantern catching fire mid-air and plummeting to the ground. We genuinely spent the next half an hour listening out for fire brigade sirens! We were afraid it would set fire to a neighbour's house... 

Although 2011 was worse for some in the group than for others, I think we are all happy that a fresh new year is just beginning. I myself didn't have a terrible year but 2012 is already shaping up to be an infinitely better year than 2011! 


Labelled for reuse. Click for source
Number one on my list of things to do this year is learn to drive, something I have been pursuing for a few weeks now. I have some new posts lined up for this blog and am giving some major thought to starting up a Youtube channel also! Overall I really just plan to live life as much as possible this year.

What about you? Does anyone have any special plans or resolutions for this year? I would love to hear about them! 

I wish you all a healthy, special, happy and well-lived 2012! :) x

Rebecca.
Miaow miaow. 

5 comments:

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Happy New Year to you! I hope nothing catches on fire this year. :)

Chris Hewson said...

A youtube channel sounds like a great idea. What would you do on it?

As for my new year, if my computer had a DVD decoder, I'd start the year off with reviews for the short-lived (unfortunately) Tremors tv series, a review a day, and then do the same with The Adventures of Fu Manchu!

Snowhyte said...

Happy New Year!

Alexandriaweb said...

My Chinese Lanterns went much the same way :)

The Phantom Cat said...

@VictorianKitty here's hoping! It's been a fire free 2012 thus far ;)

@Chris it would really just be a compliation of life stuff with a gothy focus. So everything from fashion to movies to books! Awh I've never seen the Tremors tv series but I do love the first film. Kevin Bacon is awesome.

@Snowhyte Happy New Year to you too!

@Alexandriaweb hehe I hope that your year wasn't too bad despite flaming Chinese lanterns! :)