Sunday 25 October 2015

The Outfit That Broke The Rules





Hey there and welcome to today's blog post.

The title of this post comes from the fact that I broke some fashion 'rules' with my outfit at the weekend.

1)If you are going to wear something that is drawing attention to one feature, then you should not draw attention to anything else.  Woops! High waisted shorts also accentuate a smaller waist along with obviously showing a bit of leg. The scandal of it all!

2)You should only do a strong lip OR a strong eye. I did both. And a generous contour. Come at me bro.

3)It's not a rule but I believe it was Coco Chanel who avised that a woman should remove one accessory before leaving the house. I added one in the form of my lace gloves.


Necklace-Claires Accessries
Top-Boohoo.com
Lace cami underneath-Penneys
Shorts-New Look
Tights-Penneys
Wedge Boots- New Look 

Love this necklace. 

Very happy with how the makeup came out. I went so long without doing makeup that I get worried I'll have forgotten how to! I've also been growing out my eyebrows and I am so pleased with the results. Apparently it takes a full 6 months to properly grow them back out, I think I'm two months in by now so it will be interesting to see where they end up. 


I based the whole thing around combining these tights and shorts, I had a feeling that they would play off each other nicely.




What do you think of fashion rules? Are they made to be followed or made to broken? I think it depends on the situation really.

Until next time, thanks for reading and I hope you are having a lovely day!
Rebecca,

7 comments:

Carmen said...

Break'em! You look awesome!

Hukutettu Nukke said...

You look great!
Rules are for breaking! ;)

Laura Morrigan said...

Well I guess that just shows you should break rules cos you look amaaaazing!

Jade said...

I think that outfit is gorgeous in its rebelliousness! :D I usually follow all those rules except the "no strong eye and lip makeup at the same time" but I think that is something that does not really apply with goth and other not so mainstream looks. When I wear my blue lipstick I actually feel like it is screaming some strong dark eye makeup to back it up. ^_^

The Phantom Cat said...

@Carmen haha thank you :)

@Hukutettu Nukke thank you and I agree ;)

@Laura thank youuu! <3 :)

@Jade I def agree with the strong eyes and lips thing. I find it a strange rule. Its bizarre to me that people would restrict their makeup like that but hey, guess I'm biased with my exposure to the subculture. Yeah I think with really unusual colours you have to commit the look and really go for it!

Haha I love that everyone said to break the rules! Sassy bunch ;)

Lesthi said...

I'm kind of clueless when it comes to fashionrules :'D The only thing I've heard is that brown and black shouldn't be mixed, but that one I always break on larps!
I like your outfit, everything suits well together!

The Phantom Cat said...

@Lesthis gothworld I think its better not to know them, a lot of more mainstream people have the strangest restrictions on fashion and style! I think black and brown work, like an all black outfit and brown high boots in Autumn! I think that looks good anyway!